Invisalign® is the Simple, Subtle Way to Straighten Your Teeth
Invisalign® is an advanced orthodontic treatment that can help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile. The clear aligners bring the teeth into alignment without the use of traditional braces. Dr. James Altomare recommends Invisalign® to patients who want straighter teeth, but don't want the discomfort and inconvenience of brackets and wires. In addition to having a subtle, transparent appearance, Invisalign® mouthpieces are removable, allowing you to eat, drink, brush, and floss normally throughout the duration of your treatment. Contact our office today to learn more about Invisalign®, or to schedule a consultation at our Skillman, NJ, office.
You may be a good candidate for Invisalign® if you:
- Have gapped teeth, crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, or crossbite. Many patients who are candidates for traditional braces are also candidates for Invisalign®. However, Invisalign® may not be an appropriate choice for patients with severe misalignment issues.
- Are in good dental and oral health, without cavities or periodontal (gum) disease.
- Feel apprehensive about how your smile might look with traditional braces.
- Do not wish to stop enjoying chewy, sticky, or crunchy foods.
- Desire a comfortable treatment that will not irritate the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Can take responsibility for wearing your aligner at least 20 hours per day.
To begin straightening with Invisalign®, Dr. Altomare will use 3D modeling technology to plan your treatment and provide a virtual preview of your results with a special computer program. He will then take an impression of your teeth so the Invisalign® lab can fabricate your series of clear plastic aligners. Every two weeks, you will begin wearing the next aligner in the series to gradually adjust your teeth. You should wear your aligners 20-22 hours a day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Each patient’s case is unique, but the average treatment takes about one year, comparable to the treatment time required with traditional braces. Once you have completed Invisalign® treatment, you will begin wearing a Vivera® retainer at night to maintain your beautiful new smile.
Invisalign® for Teens
To help teens improve the appearance and health of their teeth, Dr. Altomare provides Invisalign® Teen. This program is similar to traditional Invisalign®, but with several important differences:
- The aligners feature a small blue dot that fades over time with use. This allows Dr. Altomare to ensure that teenaged patients are wearing their retainers for at least 20 hours per day.
- Invisalign® Teen includes six replacement aligners, just in case the patient loses some of his or her aligners.
- The aligners include special tabs to accommodate second molars as they erupt.
For patients whose teeth are only slightly misaligned, Dr. Altomare may recommend Invisalign® Express treatment. Designed for accelerated aesthetic enhancement, this program typically involves just ten aligners and can usually be completed in approximately six months. This is a great option for those wishing to enhance their smiles in time for a wedding, graduation, or other life event for which you would like to look your very best.
Enjoy a Straighter Smile
To learn more about Invisalign®, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Altomare, contact our office today.